Thursday 5 July 2012

A Little Bit of Something Nice

 When I'm in the mood for a salad my mind often wanders to the Pret Italian Chicken. Packed full of  ceasar chicken, pistachios, olives and roasted peppers amounst other things, this salad really does fill a hole. However, I obviously can't head down to Pret whenever my mind wanders so I decided to have a bash at my own. It's not quite there yet but its pretty damn tasty.

What you need


Cooked chicken breast mixed with ceasar dressing (bought or home made)
Bag of salad leaves
3 roasted peppers
small handful of pistachio nuts
few slices of cucumber and tomatoes
a few olives

Dressing


1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice , plus extra for squeezing
good pinch chilli flakes
4 anchovies fillets, finely chopped
3 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
4 tbsp fat-free yogurt



Blend all but the last 2 ingredients for the dressing then stir through the mayo and yogurt then season to taste. Chuck all your salady bits on a plate and dress, it's that simple.

Tasty and pretty healthy







No comments:

Post a Comment