Sunday 29 July 2012

BBQ Seabass with Carrot Top Sauce

One thing I love about farmers market is how different the vegetables are to those boring, drab ones in the supermarket; candy striped beets, tiger tomatoes and purple carrots to name a few. I also love it when carrots come with their green tops. Don't ask me why I just do! When I was making the fish stock for my soup I asked mum if I could put in the carrot tops, to which she replied probably not because they would be bitter. So I didn't. However, me being me was bothered about this and googled it. Shock horror my mother was wrong! Found a few recipes and adapted one to go with the seabass that we had bought earlier. The seabass was simple; stuffed full of herbs (rosemary, oregano, fennel, parsley and thyme), lemon slices and seasoning and then was brushed with garlic oil. This was then barbecued over charcoal (the only way to get that amazing taste in my opinion) and was served with runner beans from the garden, anya potatoes and the carrot top sauce


Carrot Top Sauce


What you need


A handful of carrot tops (discard any thick stalky bits)
1 garlic clove
trickle of oil (I used Norfolk rapeseed)
handful of toasted almonds
half a small bunch of parsley
2 tbsp of creme fraiche 
juice from half a lemon


What you need to do 


Blend the first 5 ingredients to a paste consistency. Stir in creme fraiche and lemon juice and season to taste.


BBQ Seabass with Carrot Top Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment