Wednesday 16 May 2012

Sunday at Sams

Probably my favourite restaurant in Brighton is Sams. Tucked away in Kemp Town, this little beauty really is something to shout about. Small enough to be cosy but still modern and fresh, Sams offers seasonal, local and fantastically cooked food. I am notoriously nit picky when I go out for meals (which The Boy finds highly irritating) and yet I can't remember ever having a nit pick when eating here.

Top of the 'Wow' memory list was plaice, stuffed with crab, coriander and spring onion, sitting on a crab bisque risotto. My tongue had a little wiggle just thinking about this one........

Anyway, one thing I find difficult about blogging about food is that I have to remember to take a photo of my meal before I start. This difficulty proved to much on Sunday when my rabbit picnic from Sams was put in front of me.

Rabbit picnic

 As you can see, in my state of excitement, I completely forgot to take the photo when the dish first came out. What you can't see was a) how pretty it was and b) how freekin amazing this once fluffy little bunny rabbit tasted. It consisted of liver parfait & brioche, confit rillettes with radish slaw & kataifi wrapped loin with satay dipping sauce.

This was followed by a lush pork belly roast, served with the BEST roast potatoes (errr didn't take the photos again!). Pub/restaurant roasties are a pet hate of mine. They are NEVER done well. Well these were damned tasty and crispy. The pork was soft and the cracking crackled. It was served with sticky, roasted sweet potato slices, mashed roots veg with greens running through it and crunchy, buttery runner beans. The Boy had the beef (I managed to swipe a slice when he wasn't looking, result). This was served rare, a massive plus in my book, and a Yorkshire that rivaled my mums. All this was served by a lovely Aussie guy, feel really bad because I can't remember his name!

If you have never eaten at Sams, you should. You are missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment